What is Change Communications?
Change Communications helps you keep users informed about new content, releases, system updates, required training, and other events before they occur.
Creating Messages from the Message Tab in the Management Center
Notifications from the Message Administrator are created in the Messages tab of the Management Center. In this section you will compose content, save your drafts, attach multiple file and folder links and track message engagement.
- Navigate to the Management Center
- Select the Messages tab from the top navigation
- Press New Message
- Choose the message Category. This allows the user to scan their notifications list and quickly gain a general idea about the message content.
- Add a subject, recipients and message body
- Send your recipients links to Related Content. Related Content gives the user access to the selected content or folders in the Learning Library. Multiple folders or content types can be linked in this section. This section is optional. If you accidentally link the wrong content you can just press the ‘X’ on the right side of the row to remove the content. Find content to link to the message by pressing Add Document or Add Folder
- Select desired message Options. These are optional fields.
- Press send or choose Save as Draft to continue editing the message at a later date.
- Flagging as Important is an optional setting that will give precedence to messages in the Notifications list with this flag. This option will display a red exclamation mark next to the message indicating that it was sent with high priority.
- Requiring acknowledgment means the user must indicate they have seen the content of the notification by pressing the “Acknowledge” button. Users may not delete this type of message before pressing the Acknowledge button.
- Setting a message expiration allows a message to remain active for the selected period and then removes the notification from the user’s list of Notifications after the message expires. Once the expiration period passes, the expiration date can no longer be updated.
Managing Sent Messages
Adding Recipients After a Message is Sent
After sending a message you can add more users or groups to the recipients list.
- Navigate to the Messages tab
- Select a sent message from the Messages List. Press the subject of a sent message to open the message.
- Press Add Recipients
- Select users or groups to add
- The newly added recipients will appear in the “To” field/distribution list
Once a message is sent, you cannot change the Related Content links or body content.
Managing Expiring Messages
If you are sending a time-sensitive message, it may be useful to add an expiration date. Once the expiration period lapses, the content will no longer be visible to recipients. When an expiration date is applied to a message, the date will appear in the messages list. A message will remain active until the expiration date has passed. While the message is still active you may choose to modify the expiration period.
You can choose to expire the message sooner than the original date by pressing the Change Expiration button and selecting Expire Now. This action is irreversible. Once a message is expired no additional changes can be made.
If you want to extend the active period for a message you can press the Change Expiration button and choose to Expire Later. Select a future date and then save the changes.
Viewing User Metrics for Sent Messages
The messages list allows you to monitor engagement with each message you send. As soon as a message is sent, the number of recipients is populated under the Total Users column. The ‘Read’ column next to it provides the number of users who have opened your message. If a message requires acknowledgment, that count will also be populated.
Please submit a ticket to add Change Communications functionality.