You can only have one form-based authentication method.
Refer to Introduction to Configuring Authentication Methods before proceeding.
Implementing new users has licensing implications, contact us to ensure you have valid licensing.
- Press the Administration cog on the navigation bar of the Management Center.
- Select in the left navigation menu.
- Choose from the following options:
To expand or collapse each authentication method information section, click the arrow beside the authentication method name. This setting will be saved.
If You Want To
Edit the form-based authentication method
- Click .
- Go to the next step.
Enable/disable the form-based authentication method
Click the toggle.
- Edit the following fields:
The Method ID displays in the window title. This value is used for context-sensitive help calls and invoking an authentication method via URL. This value is generated by the application and is not configurable.
This field displays the authentication type Form-Based and cannot be modified.
Enter a unique name to identify the authentication configuration.
Enforce minimum password length of x characters
- Select ON to enforce a minimum password length.
- Enter the minimum number of characters required in a password.
NOTE: Select OFF to not require a minimum password length.
Lock user account after x failed sign in attempts
- Select ON to lock a user account after a number of failed login attempts.
- Enter the number of failed attempts that will lock the user account.
NOTE: Select OFF to not restrict the number of failed login attempts.
NOTE: Locked user accounts unlock after 5-10 minutes. This is not configurable.
Use as default for LMS Proxy
Select this option to use this authentication method when users launch course from an LMS but the course runs from the Server.
NOTE: If the course request coming from the LMS contains a specific authentication method identifier, that method will supersede this default setting.
- Click Save.