If you are planning to provide context-sensitive help, you will need to create a template in which to store context-identifiers. Context-identifiers are stored in the Transaction code property of the uPerform template. Transaction code is a property used to identify a process, and is used in two separate instances:
- Transaction code property: The Server matches this document property to the associated screen when a call for help is made. This property is only populated when you manually add a value to it. For situations where the Recorder automatically captures the context identifier, the identifiers are stored in step properties.
- Transaction code within the Overview block: In a uPerform document, this displays the value contained in the transaction code property. It is recommended that you delete this section if you are providing context sensitive help for applications where the context identifier would not be meaningful to an end user. In some applications, such as SAP GUI for Windows and SAP HTML GUI, the context identifier is based on the task or transaction and a single context identifier is applicable for the entire document. For other applications, a screen-level context identifier is used. In these cases there may be multiple identifiers per document or the identifier is too long to be meaningful to end users. In this case, deleting the transaction code from the Overview block may be appropriate.
- Create a template in the Editor.
A project administrator typically creates and customizes templates. For more information, refer to Using Author Templates.
- Perform one of the following options:
If You Want To
Provide context-sensitive help without a Transaction Code property
- Select the Blocks tab.
- In the task pane, select Overview.
- In the Content area, delete the lines:
Provide context-sensitive help using a Transaction Code property
- Click the Properties tab.
- Click Manage Built In Properties .
- Select Visible to the left of the Transaction Code property.
NOTE: We recommended you make the Transaction Code property visible in case it is not automatically captured.
- Save the template.