The Management Center allows authors to:
- Manage personal account information
- Add widgets and configure the home page
- Create favorites and subscribe to content
- Participate in collaboration discussions
- Assign content to website context
In addition, the following specific administrator functionality is provided:
- Create and update projects, document libraries (also referred to as authoring files) , and websites
- Import a document library structure
- Create and manage users, roles, and groups
- Configure glossary and publishing settings
- Configure settings for a Learning Management System (LMS) to be used in conjunction with eLearning courses
- Generate reports
Administrators can also customize the end user website. For more information, refer to the companion manual Administration.
The Management Center is accessed via a standard web browser. Your home page within the Management Center is called your personal page. Your personal page is divided into four main areas:
- The top banner: Contains your logo and access to your account information.
For more information, refer to Editing Your Account Information.
- The navigation bar: Contains navigation buttons, search functionality and access to administrative settings and configurations (for users logged in as administrators).
- The title/action bar: Contains actions pertinent to your current location and system access.
- The content area: Displays your personalized content.
The left navigation menu contains access to further information. The left navigation menu is only available on certain pages.