What Happens During Guided Rerecord?
Guided rerecord is a simple, flexible way to create translated content for a wide range of applications. Guided Rerecord can be used on any .udc file.
During the guided Rerecord process, the application displays an on-screen script that you can follow while recording a new document in a different language. Guided Rerecording displays a list of screens and steps from a previously recorded document, and prompts you with the steps to take to record the same steps again in the target application.
Guided rerecord screen prompts display as:
- A new pane in the recorder toolbar that displays the list of steps in the original file
- An action hotspot directly on the application screen that indicates where the next action should occur
- An action note that displays the action text for the step
Using Guided Rerecord
- Open the document to be rerecorded.
- Select .
- If presented with the prompt, choose from the following options:
If You Want To
Save the changes
- Select one of the available language(s) from the Languages drop-down list.
- Press ... to select an Outbox location.
- Press OK.
- Press rerecord.
- Press to begin the rerecord process.
- Use the guide pane as a prompt to assist in recreating the steps in the target application.
- Optionally, perform one of the following during the rerecord process. If the toolbar is hidden, right-click on the recorder icon in the system tray to access these functions.
If You Want To
Pause the rerecord guide script
- Use the guide script pause feature if you need to record an additional language-based step that is not part of the original document.
- Press when you are ready to resume the rerecord guide script.
Pause the recorder
- Press .
- Use the record pause feature if you need to take a break from recording and rerecording.
- Press when you are ready to resume recording. If you have also paused the rerecord guide script, press to resume.
Stop the rerecord process
- Press .
- Use the stop feature only when you are finished rerecording. The stop feature ends Rerecording for the document.
Hide the rerecord pane
Hide or show the guide pane
Hide or show notes
Hide or show hotspots
View step details
Press to open an additional step detail pane to help ensure you rerecord the correct information.
- Press to stop the guided rerecord process.
The rerecorded document will open in the Editor.