The Rapid Recorder is used to record tasks and perform simple edits to simulations, documents, and courses. The Rapid Recorder is included in the Authoring Client Installer download located on the Support page of the Management Center. You can access the download through the task notification email or by directly logging into the Management Center. All users must have a user account in the Management Center.
- Open the task notification email.
- Click on the Download Author Client Installer link at the bottom of the email.
The Support page of the Management Center displays.
- Click Download Authoring Client Installer.
- Open the uPerform_AutoUpdate.zip file and double-click on the .exe file to begin the installation.
- Click Run.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Any old install files are removed. A new install directory is created in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\[applicationdirectory]\, and any customizations are copied over to this new directory.
Shortcuts to the Resources folder and to Uninstall are added to themenu.
- Open the email task notification.
- Click the link to start the task.
- Click Open.
- Double-click the Rapid Recorder installation package (For example: Rapid_Recorder_Setup.exe).
- If prompted to install any required items, such as Capture Engine, click Install.
- Click Next in the Welcome window to start the installation.
- After reading the License Agreement, select the I Accept the terms in the license agreement radio button. Optionally, you may print the license agreement for reference.
- Click Next.
- Review the default destination folder where Rapid Recorder will be installed. Click Change to select a different folder.
- Click Next once you have selected a folder.
- Click Install when you are finished selecting all installation settings.
- Click Finish.